There are a number of WASMA supported programs that students can utilise to further their careers.
The WA School of Mines Scholarship Endowment Fund is an initiative to build an endowment fund to establish much-needed scholarships in perpetuity.
The fund, supported by WASMA, is way to assist students to meet their educational and professional goals, without the pressure of financial commitments.
Be paired with WASM’s own Alumni and learn from their years of industry experience through our Mentor Program. WASMA offers their Mentor Program to WASM:MECE students giving them the opportunity for a first-hand look into the industry and their chosen career path, with the support of their mentor.
The benefits of being a Mentee include:
- Connecting with those in the industry
- Developing your personal network
- Gaining valuable insight to your chosen career path
- Having a knowledgeable resource that you can go to get advice and discuss your study or career questions
- Developing your interpersonal and communication skills