Are you ready for the next stage of your career?
WASMA is seeking applications for our inaugural Summer Executive Program. This Program offers our senior Alumni members the opportunity to receive world-class mentoring from an executive in our mentor panel, all of whom have comprehensive expertise in top-tier positions at board level in various organisations to ASX 50 level.
The essence of the program is based around a straightforward principle: to connect our Alumni in emerging leadership roles with our esteemed industry leading Alumni. This connection is designed not only to foster their growth and success but also to uphold WASMA’s reputation for developing outstanding leaders within the resources sector.
We have planned for the program to span the summer months, commencing from mid-September and concluding in mid-February. This extended duration enables mentors and mentees ample time to cultivate their professional relationships and for mentees to further enhance their skills and capabilities under the guidance of their mentors.
Each mentor will be paired with one mentee, meticulously chosen from a competitive pool of applicants. Additionally, there is an intention to organize a formal event in mid-February, during which mentees will have the opportunity to showcase their journey and accomplishments to the mentors of the Summer Executive Program, along with invited guests.
Who should consider applying for this program?
- Are you either new to an executive role or aspiring to attain one?
- Do you possess a minimum of 15 years of professional experience, with at least five years spent in senior leadership roles?
- Have you previously participated in a mentoring program?
Why should you consider applying?
- If you have recently transitioned into your current role and seek guidance to ensure your success and enhance your executive acumen.
- If you aspire to ascend to an executive position and require guidance in formulating strategies to navigate your path to success.
What we expect from you:
- You must be able to clearly articulate your value proposition (Why this is important to you?)
- You must be able to talk about your career and the experiences that shaped your personal development.
- You must be motivated and committed to get the best out of this opportunity.
We anticipate that both mentors and mentees will allocate enough time to make contact fortnightly with a face-to-face meeting monthly.
While we acknowledge that each mentoring relationship will evolve uniquely, the WASMA Membership & Mentoring Subcommittee stands ready to assist with any inquiries or assistance that may arise throughout the program’s duration.
An indicative timetable of the Summer Executive Program is provided below for your information:
Mid-September: Mentee applications close.
End-September: Senior Executive program commences.
October-end January: Program duration
Mid-February: ‘Wrap up’ lunch event hosted by WASMA – Mentees to present to group
To formally apply for the program, each prospective mentee must complete an Application Form and submit their CV.
Applications close 5pm WST Monday 18 September 2023. No late applications will be accepted. No extensions possible.